Tuesday, October 1, 2013

women!

It has been a heavy day.Too much to absorb,heard something about a friend which deeply moved me from within and led me to question life,relationships and introspect if running after our goals is all worth it? Whatever, such heavy stuff makes me sad and detached. A random news update on TOI, about how sadly women in the country are treated,almost everyday,is enough to propel you in the sinking sea of awareness and empathy. I feel a mixed set of anger and sadness developing within me when i hear stories about how cruel men ,think and act as if  they possess the women in their life.Well, society,blame it! I love U.S. culture in this regard and feel happy that women here are independent,happy and stand for themselves.Everyone works for himself or herself and speak up when they need to. Back in India,the fear of rejection from society,dependence on husbands for money,future of children, and x number of factors force women to stay indoors and tolerate injustice, which is unjustified most of the times.I watched the movie ' Lunchbox' recently and liked the subtle lesson the movie hints at. Blessed i feel,to be raised up in an encouraging environment and to be surrounded by people who have always let me be free, who have let me think and act on my own always.


No comments:

My new blog

 Never had i thought i will be into reading again.But thanks 2020 and boredom, here we are. Well, i did a thing- i started documenting my th...