Friday, March 23, 2007

AM LIVING IN UR AFTERGLOW........


"Here I am, lost in the light of the moon that comes through my window

Bathed in blue, the walls of my memory divide the thorns from the roses

It's you and the roses


Here I am, lost in the ashes of time, but who wants tomorrow?

In between the longing to hold you again

I 'm caught in your shadow, I'm losing control

My mind drifts away,we only have today


Touch me and I will follow in your afterglow^

Heal me from all this sorrow

As I let you go I will find my way

I will sacrifice 'til the blinding day when I see your eyes

Now I'm living in your afterglow.........."

^An afterglow is a broad high arch of whitish or rosy light appearing in the sky due to very fine particles of dust suspended in the high regions of the atmosphere.
In terms of this song,afterglow refers to moving on after a person departs from your life or maybe from this world itself.The lyrics reverberate in ears giving a true sense of belongingness and affection to the extent that one can give his life to be with the one he loves.Rememberance of a person who is no more close ,and the singer floats in a journey of memories , some good and some bad .
Lost in the ashes of time, but who wants tomorrow.........speaks of the void that somebody's loss has created in the life of the protagonist . He is lost in the retrospection as he misses somebody really close ,but he doesn't care about the tide of the time coz he feels there is no tomorrow left to be taken care of,nothing big to be anticipated of since he has lost what mattered the most to him, the one he misses so much now.He is so much deeply moved by the loss that he can still feel the shadow of the person he loves and he just wants to get touched ,to be more exact, he just wants to feel the presence of that person once ,so that he may move on with the priceless moments that he spent with the one he loved................
Thus the song clearly depicts the longingness and the dire loneliness that grips the protgonist.
One of the unbearable consequences love puts you in-
When you are left wondering when you did become what you are now, how a person much like you ,changed the meaning of your life ,since when did u start feeling addicted to being with a person to the extent that you could not be happy and satisfied unless you told him/her that a dream of yours turned into a reality, since when did you start caring for him/her more than yourself,since when did u started losing that practical prospective that had kept you away from emotions and feelings till now.................
And then u r left feeling helpless because somethings are just unanswerable and take shape in some ways u don't understand how hard you fret and think about them.And ,you just give up thinking that you can't manage and what you can do is just avoid thinking........
And this is what we call another example of
"Some relations and some bonds made in heaven"

No comments:

My new blog

 Never had i thought i will be into reading again.But thanks 2020 and boredom, here we are. Well, i did a thing- i started documenting my th...