Thursday, April 12, 2007

These are some of the poems i came across recently by chance,these have been written by karan singh and i really liked the way he has expressed the feelings...

TETE A TETE
She said ‘You have a lovely face’
I said ‘it only shares your grace’
She said ‘Your eyes are dark and deep’
I said ‘your images they keep’
She said ‘Your gaze is full of bliss’
I said ‘The rapture of your kiss’
She said ‘Yours arms are band of steel’
I said ‘Your silhouette they feel’
She said ‘Why do you love me so’
I said ‘That I will never know....

Another poem that touched me was like this..............


A WHISPERED DIALOGUE
Someone whispered in my ear
one evening,as the setting sun set fire to the landscape;
I cannot quite recall the words
but the burden went something like this:
‘Time speeds by on flying feetand all our life is bitter-sweet
with expectation, hope and sorrow,
and we vainly seek tomorrow
what we could not find today;
for this we strive, for this we pay
with our life’s blood but then at last—
all strength expended, hoping past—
we fail and sink, and lose our breath
into the nothingness called death’
I sat quite still,
so quiet I could not hear the beating of my heart,
until another whisper spoke
with somewhat firmer tone and sweeter voice:

‘This is not true, the daily strife
that builds the structure of our life
need not be always fought in vain
and need not end in death and pain;
there is a path the mystics know
wherein the lights of heaven glow,
there is path that the sages tread
which leads them past the hosts of dead
and dying bodies, leads them on
to that one place where none has gone
who has not shed his mortal dress,
the rainbow bridge which all must cross
who seek in life finality,
and glowing immortality..

Another one that caught my eye was like this....
Although this one was titled hymn to shiva but i would prefer it without a title because it can also mean surrender of one's soul to somebody ,if say we don't mark it as a tribute to god only....



"I am your plaything.
You can breathe into me
the fire of eternal life,
and make me immortal;
or You can scatter my atoms
to the far corner of the universe
so that I disappear for ever.

You can fill me with light and power
so that I shine like a meteor
against the darkness of the midnight sky;
or You can extinguish my spirit
so that I sink for ever
into the deep and fathomless ocean of time.

You can set me among the eternal stars
resplendent with your divine fire;
or You can hurl me
into the abyss of darkness,
so that I can never again be visible
to mortal eyes.

You can come to me
with the glory of a thousand cupids;
or You can turn from me
and leave me stranded
in a grey and ghastly desert of despair.

You can smile at me
with the radiance that kindles the universe;
or You can open your eye of fury
and reduce me to a heap of ashes.

I am your plaything;
The choice is yours.........."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.

My new blog

 Never had i thought i will be into reading again.But thanks 2020 and boredom, here we are. Well, i did a thing- i started documenting my th...