Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The best Janamashtmi till now :-)

Elation which came up to my rescue just when i was falling yet again with a strange guilt over one of my stupid actions leading me to nowhere. To say that i fasted for the festival in true sense would not be as accurate as the fact that i fasted just because somewhere my mind forced and prompted me to do.As people around me were fasting,so something within me decided to declare it a "no grain " day.Hunger didnt strike as much as it generally does in any other fast and left me a bit surprised.The day started with a good omen,( offlate i keep changing what/who is a harbinger of a good omen for me just to keep me going),it is anothet story that when you really focus that much on making your day start with the things/people you feel are lucky for you/make you happy , it happens sometimes,rare though and happened with me and brought a smile on my face.I swayed to my workplace in an unsually good mood,and the feel of the day set in.The day went quite normal without any surprises but a tinge of guilt for being so "me" and "not me" at times.Well,"not me" made me surprised and i felt miserable for some moments at the way i have been reacting and aiming my wandering mind.Never mind,its better not to put too much thoughts to some things which are never meant to happen, but exploring the possibilities is never a bad option either.
The "fast dinner" together became a good ice breaker with all the roommates discussing their childhood pranks and the mischiefs which brought smiles,nostalgia and lots to cheer.It stretched for more than an hour with discussions and after some time,everybody scattered here and there.One of my roomies,the most adventurous of us all, prepared the "jhoola" for Shree krishna and and decorated it with tid bits,flowers and a nice setup resulted.Ad the clock neared 12,everybody gathered around the site and many pics of the cute "jhoola" were taken.:-) Fruits were cut as fast as possible for the prasad after the puja that we were slated to perform soon,at 12.While i sipped tea,i saw my rumies cutting fruits and giving finishing touches to the jhoola and idol of krishna and radhaji.We gathered in no time and sang a lot of artis amidst cheer,my sill jokes as always,"a happy bday song for krishnaji", a mini photo session, lots of giggles,some forgotten and misspelt hymns,and smiles at "govind bolo hari gopal bolo" hymn recited by me,( though i dont know what Upss found funny in it.:-)) and lots of masti. The cute jhoola glistened in the light of wick of the diya we had lit and the slight rush of air which moved it to and fro indicated that somebody up there was atleast noticing us praying.Many hymns later,we finally concluded the end of prayers and a big "wishlist session" followed with everybody asking for more from god.:-) It does happen to me that when i am too excited about asking something from god,i dont get to remember my biggest wish just when its time to pray and ask him.Guess,you dont need to communicate always,atleast to god,when it comes to making your wishes understood.Anyways,i managed to open and close my eyes twice and ask for two seperate wishes while the star pua performers still sat in the same "closed eyes" position dictating their wishes to the supreme power.Post the puja celebration,a series of pics and joke sessions,prasad distribution and search for the moon continued.But,moon played hide and seek and hasnt showed up till now,1:30 am.:-) Surely,it has been one of the best janamashtami puja i ever experienced,with lots of happiness and faith emerging within almost every bow towards theidols. Had an awesome start of the next day and the sleep is killing..But a beautiful celebration was worth it !!!

No comments:

My new blog

 Never had i thought i will be into reading again.But thanks 2020 and boredom, here we are. Well, i did a thing- i started documenting my th...