Thursday, December 24, 2009

The sweetest compliment ..

I do not want to leave the sweetest compliment showered to me, unwritten and untalked of, call it boasting or watever...Lol...
The journey from Mumbai to Delhi, this time was a bit different from the rest. With a RAC ticket, i was left to mercy of the person sharing the seat with me.And i thanked my stars when that person turned out to be an 11 year old bengali girl, sohini. She became a friend in no time and we gossiped or rather i answered her queries, typically those, an 11 yr old would ask.The best thing about the coach i was in, was the presence of lots of children, toddlers and 4-5 years old.Families were moving on vacation, so large groups and thus, the children.there was one very cute kid, a 2 yr old who kept on coming near my seat, and i left no chance of cuddling her and playing with her,whenever she came.She was too cute to be left without pecking her cheeks.On other side of my seat was a group of Punjabis, with their fair, cute and super active kids, who kept on jumping to and fro and moving up and down the berths.Lol...It was like a moving child playschool and i was enjoying the family feeling(read nostalgia) it brought everytime i heard the coaxing sounds of fathers convincing their kids to do as told.Childhood comes with its own package of love and care, must say.Innocent love and lots of care, but as we grow up and understand the harsh realities of life and different angles to love, we realise that "love for parents and love of parents" is eternal, and rest of the things keep changing places.Coming back to the compliment thing again.Lol, one very cute girl from the punjabi family came to me and started passing smiles.She wanted to strike a conversation so i asked her her name.Sanya,she was in lower KG ,as she told,she took place besides my seat and started asking me innocent questions, like where does the train run, on track or outside track? where is my home?what am i carrying in my bags..Lol? and where do i stay and all? To which i replied with smiles in hushed voice, as i noticed that a lady in the opposite seat was noticing me and the girl continously...Lol...Then out of a sudden, she said to me ," ap bahut ache lag rahe ho.." Lol...and i was all smiles and filled with the feel good factor..Lol...and i reciprocated with the same words to her. Then, i started looking out of the window and she planted a sweet kiss on my cheek. And that completed my sweetest compliment so far.. :)
It was kind of unexpected for me to be getting attention from a cute toddler..Anyways, she left after sometime with a goodbye and a twinkle in her eyes.. :)
I reached my destination and moved out with 2 full bags towards the exit, just when i noticed the guy who was in the opposite seat, and he waved a bye, and i waved back. Its so strange yet true that every journey adds aquaintances and experiences that you cherish at times.Guess this is the magic of travelling alone!!

2 comments:

Mads... said...

ahem..ahem..kya baat hai..so sweet yr..such a luvly experience u had..nice ,you shared it..vry well written, njoyed thoroughly reading it..:)

Anonymous said...

Hmmm ... at the beginning of this post I thought I will be reading some different kind of nostalgia but I was utterly wrong by the end ... you are sweet enough to get compliments thats not an out of the blue thing ... good to know you are having nice experiences already ... back in Mumbai everything can be summarized just in one phrase ... All Is Well.

My new blog

 Never had i thought i will be into reading again.But thanks 2020 and boredom, here we are. Well, i did a thing- i started documenting my th...